Farmer/vendor registration is now open for the 2023 Market season at Music and the Market.
Music and the Market Guidelines
- Vendors can start setting up at 5:30. The market officially starts at 6, though it's not unusual for shoppers to start coming by once they see you.
- Most vendors bring a pop-up tent and a folding table and lawn chairs. Please feel free to use 10 to 15 feet of sidewalk space for your set up. Locations are first come, first served.
- Vendors typically set up along the sidewalk along Pearl St, most commonly running along the south toward the southeast corner. But you are certainly welcome to set up along the north side of the Pearl St sidewalk as well as on the east and southeast sidewalks that run from the center fountain to Pearl Street.
- You may pull up to unload from 5:30-6, but the City asks that we leave the inner parking spots on the Square available to visitors and instead park on the opposite side or on a side street for the evening.
- We do not have scheduled food trucks for this season due to the frequent cancellations the last few years. We recommend you do not plan for any food trucks to be there.
- We will provide Music and the Market aprons for any vendor who wants one.
Farmers Market Rules and Terms
- The predominance of goods the vendor offers shall be produced by the vendor, household, or farm. The vendor shall live within a 50-mile radius of Paola’s Park Square.
- The vendor shall allow shoppers to make purchases with plastic cards (debit/credit/EBT card). If the vendor does not have the ability to accept card payments on their own, the vendor shall refer the shopper to DHP for card processing on their behalf and the vendor will receive reimbursement. DHP accepts responsibility for the fees and any liability associated with accepting card payments on behalf of the vendor.
- The vendor is responsible for the set up and take down of their station, for collecting payment and applicable taxes, and for ensuring their activities abide by the Kansas State Farmers Market Regulations and Best Practices.
- The vendor is expected to treat all other Vendors with mutual respect. Market operations are managed by the Discover Historic Paola (DHP) Association. The vendor is expected to afford a reasonable respect of command to the managing DHP Official during market hours. The vendor shall abide by the decisions and instructions of the managing DHP Official during the market; in the event of an incident, further resolution of dispute between a vendor and DHP shall occur after market hours.
- The vendor agrees that, while participating with the Market, the Discover Historic Paola Association or its officers, members, or agents and the City of Paola or its officers, employees, or agents shall not be held responsible or liable for any personal property damage, loss, or physical injury of any kind that the vendor or its associates may incur while operating at the market.
- Any exceptions to these Rules & Terms is at the sole discretion of the DHP Official at the market; dispute over any such exception shall be resolved after market hours.